29-july-2019

29.07.2019

 

Alkaloid marked 21% growth in consolidated export, 22% growth in consolidated net profit, investments of MKD 422 million and 80 new employments in the period January - June 2019

Alkaloid AD Skopje achieved positive financial results in the period January-June 2019 - shows the unaudited standalone and unaudited consolidated Income Statement.

According to the unaudited standalone Income Statement, in the period January- June the sales reached the amount of MKD 4,138,296,380 - 13% up on the same period last year. Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA), which amount to MKD 846,016,625 marked an increase of roughly 21%, whereas the net profit amounting to MKD 476,943,692 rose by 19%.

In the period January June the total consolidated sales reached MKD 5,527,969,892 – an increase of 15% compared to the same period last year. Consolidated sales in the domestic market increased 6%, while the total consolidated export of the company increased by 21%. Out of the total consolidated sales, 34% were realized in the domestic market, while the foreign markets account for 66%. The breakdown by region shows that the countries of South-East Europe account for 33% of the sales, Russia and CIS – 9%, 22% of the sales were realized in the countries from Western Europe (EU and EFTA), while the other markets account for 2% of the total consolidated sales. Noticeable rise was seen in Great Britain reaching sales of MKD 208,941,531 - increased by 3 times and Russia with sales of MKD 349,136,633 – increased by 95% compared to the same period last year. Growth in sales was also marked in the following export markets: Germany - 49%, Bulgaria - 32%, Ukraine – 31%, Romania – 27%, Czech Republic – 26%, USA – 15%, Kosovo – 15%, Serbia – 12%, Monte Negro – 11%, Slovenia – 9% etc.

The breakdown of total consolidated sales by group of products shows that the best sellers are the products from the segment Pharmaceuticals – 86%, with OTC products accounting for 22%, cardiovascular products - 16%, antibiotics - 15%, neurological products – 13% etc. The Chemistry Cosmetics Botanicals segment accounts for 14% of the total consolidated sales, or more precisely Chemistry – 3%, Cosmetics – 8% and Botanicals – 3%.

Consolidated earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA), which reached MKD 865,953,790 saw an increase of 22%, whereas the net consolidated profit amounting to MKD 460,762,242 went up by 22%.

The total investments in non-current assets for the period January – June 2019 amounted to MKD 421,718,320.

In the period January – June 2019 Alkaloid recruited 80 new employees in the Republic of North Macedonia.