03.11.2016

Alkaloid marked 5% growth in consolidated sales, investments of MKD 546.87 million and 115 new employments in the period January - September 2016

Alkaloid AD Skopje achieved positive financial results in the period January-September 2016 - shows the unaudited standalone and unaudited consolidated Income Statement.

According to the unaudited standalone Income Statement, in the period January- September the sales reached the amount of MKD 4,788,360,375 - 7% up on the same period last year. Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA), which amount to MKD 893,600,707 marked an increase of roughly 10%, whereas the net profit rose by 11%.

In the period January – September the total consolidated sales reached MKD 6,160,156,025 – an increase of 5% compared to the same period last year. Consolidated sales in the domestic market increased by 2%, while the total consolidated export of the company increased by 7%. Out of the total consolidated sales, 39% were realized in the domestic market, while the foreign markets account for 61%. The breakdown by region shows that the countries of South-East Europe account for 34% of the sales, Russia and CIS – 7%, 18% of the sales were realized in the countries from Western Europe (EU and EFTA), while the other markets account for 2% of the total consolidated sales. The highest rise in export markets was seen in the following countries: USA – 74%, Russia – 12%, Romania – 56%, Slovenia - 17%, Poland – 486%, Great Britain – 198%, Hungary- 236% etc.

The breakdown of total consolidated sales by group of products shows that the best sellers are the products from the segment Pharmaceuticals – 82%, with OTC products accounting for 18%, cardiovascular products - also 18%, neurological products – 14%, antibiotics - 12% etc. The Chemistry Cosmetics Botanicals segment accounts for 18% of the total consolidated sales, or more precisely Chemistry – 3%, Cosmetics – 11% and Botanicals – 4%.

Consolidated earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA), which reached MKD 920,084,756 saw an increase of 9%, whereas the net consolidated profit amounting to MKD 509,357,152 went up by 10%.

The total investments in non-current assets for the period January – September 2016 amounted to MKD 546,878,626.

In the period January – September 2016 Alkaloid recruited 115 new employees in the Republic of Macedonia.